At Port House Grill, Team Leaders are responsible for assisting the management team in all aspects of shift management and ensuring that each restaurant guest has an outstanding experience. Team Leaders are responsible for supervising assigned stations for an entire shift and may be assigned to open or close the restaurant in the absence of a manager; following established opening and closing procedures.
Work at Port House Grill
A job at Port House Grill is more than just a job. It’s a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Port House Grill:
- No late nights. We leave that for the bars.
- Flexible Hours. We are a restaurant with a focus on a great work life balance.
- Competitive Pay & Tip pool. Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills. The better we work as a team the more we all take home.
- Major holidays off. Spend more time with friends and family.
- Open Kitchen. Enjoy the food and the people.Teamwork.
- Like family – lead by the Benson family.
- Scholarship Opportunities. You future is important to us and we’d dedicated to help you succeed.
It’s a Great Place to Work
At Port House we consider ourselves to be a people company, not a just a foodservice business. Our team members are more than just employees, they are the heart beat of the restaurant. Our high retention rate is proof that team members really enjoy working at Port House Grill.
Our People & Culture
- Be an excellent coach, communicator and team builder.
- Motivates team members, and maintains a positive, productive working environment.
- Work to create a safe, secure and healthy work environment for fellow employees.
- Maintains a positive working relationship and treats all employees with respect while providing them with direction and feedback.
- Work with staff to accomplish all goals.
- Honors and encourages others to follow the visions and values of the restaurant.
- Assets in new employee orientation and training.
- Develop and maintain relationships with guests.
- Make sure that every guest leaves satisfied.
- Addresses guest issues that may arise; consults with management regarding complicated issues.
- Ensure that Service and Hospitality KPI’s are met.
- Perform facility and point of sale opening and closing procedures.
- Complete understanding of each key position in both the front and back of the store including KPI’s associated with each.
- Responsible for the delegation and oversight of daily operational tasks.
- Ensure that Team Members accurately follow recipes and prepares all food and beverage to set standards.
- Ensure that Team Members work at a pace to maintain the restaurant’s speed of service KPI’s.
- Ensure that cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety practices are consistent with ServSafe principals.
- Ensure that team members follows correct and accurate point of sale procedures at all times. Accurately processes voids and discounts and reports any anomalies to management.
- Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Communicates employee performance and policy/procedure violations to management for appropriate handling.
You must be hard-working, team-oriented, friendly, honest and have great customer skills.
Must be 18+, 21+ preferred.
Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.